What is Cummings’ Strategy for Countering Darrell Issa? “I want to work with the Republicans but I want to make sure there is no abuse of the process…” On December 16, as the debate on the tax debate was raging, Rep. Elijah Cummings spoke on how he would handle incoming House Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Darrell Issa. Issa has promised a lot of investigative activity and the Committee has the subpoena/jurisdictional power to create controversy. Investigations aimed toward the White House are likely to be featured. Rep. Cummings spoke to reporters regarding how he would deal with Chairman Issa days before his election to the highest position on the Democratic side on Oversight.
NEWS Posted by lauren victoria burke on December 27, 2010 at 8:53 AM
Author: lauren victoria burke publishes the blog Crewof42 and is the Managing Editor of Politic365.com. She can be heard every Tuesday on the radio on The Earl Ingram Show at 1290 WMCS at 4 p.m. EST. Ms. Burke has enjoyed employment with USAToday.com and ABC News and holds a B.A. in History from The American University. Contact: LBurke007@gmail.com. Twitter: @Crewof42
- EBJ = WIN: CBC Gains in Time of Power LossDecember 18, 2010
- Maxine Waters Beats Ben Jealous and Marc Morial in Black PollApril 2, 2013
- June 16: Elijah Cummings ::: Foreclosure WorkshopApril 18, 2012
- From 99ers to 73ers to 60ers: 14 CBCers Vote NO on Payroll Tax BillFebruary 19, 2012
- Video: NSA Whistleblower Edward Snowden in His Own Words Edward Snowden. Let’s see Holder and the gang
- CA: Karen Bass, Scott to Host Mandatory Minimum Sentencing Forum
- Will Catholic Leaders Speak Out Against GOP Cuts to the Poor Again?Paul Ryan: It’s “not all the Catholic
- Bass to Focus on Decline in Black Kids in Foster CareOffice of Rep. Karen Bass: Today at 11am EDT,
- Video: Fudge, Brown, Horsford, Scott, Butterfield on CBC BudgetThe Black Caucus Budget will be presented on the House
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Like us on Facebook
- Conyers on Jobs: "We've Had It." Lays Out Obama, Calls for Protest at White House
- Lee on 99ers: Obama Understood We Were Talking on 99ers
- Obama Meeting: Cleaver Says Cost of 99ers Bill "Prohibitive"
- 99ers/Jobless Benefits Comes Up (Again) During CBC Meeting with Obama
- Barbara Lee on 99ers + HR 589
- Mel Watt FHFA Confirmation Set for June 27
- 300: “Direct Action” March to Pressure Obama Gets Lift by Rev. Jesse Jackson
- 850 Laid Off from Chicago School System and 3,783 in Philly — But $500 Million for Prisons
- Overdue Look at Over-Criminalization Begins
- Matthew Shepard, Black Agendas and Capehart’s DOA Question